By 7:39 pm on ,
At Home Care Assistance of Albuquerque it is our goal to help seniors turn their dream of aging at home into a reality. While we offer many senior care services to promote independence at home for our clients, it is important to keep in mind that homes, especially older homes, were not built with senior adults in mind.
Declines in vision, hearing or lack of mobility can increase the risk for falls, accidents and injuries at home. In fact, falls are one of the leading causes of permanent disability for seniors, taking away their ability to live without some form of assistance. Don’t let this happen to you or an aging loved one. Check out these simple home modifications that can go a long way in terms of senior safety!
- Install grab rails in the shower and by the toilet
- Install a shower bench and non-skid bath mats
- Remove any rugs
- Plug in nightlights around the house
- Place storage and work areas at easy-to-reach levels
- Consider using a hospital bed or lowering the bed if there have been falls
- Install fire and security alarms with noise and light components
- Install non-slip tread on stairs
If you or an aging loved one are struggling with daily tasks, it may be time to consider assistance. Home care is a great option that enables seniors to maintain their independence, providing them with minimal help on an as needed basis, also known as hourly care in Albuquerque. This way, you or an aging loved one have the opportunity to remain in the comfort of home and can continue with daily routines and activities.
What to learn more about the care services provided by our skilled and compassionate Albuquerque caregivers? Contact us today at 505-798-0800 for more information and schedule a complimentary in-home assessment.